Refunds and Cancellations
For the winter season.
If, on a declared Declared Severe Weather Day, insufficient lifts are operating to allow a Known Guest to a maximum of five (5) rides, the Known Guest will be eligible to receive a replacement 1 Day Lift Pass valid for any day of the current or following season.
Terms and Conditions for Lift Pass Replacement Days
- A determination will be made after 1.00pm on a Severe Weather Day, and published on the Mt Buller website and displayed at all points of sale that replacement day lift passes will be available to eligible guests.
- A secondary determination may be made at 5.00pm if sufficient lifts close due to extreme weather conditions after 1.00pm.
- Guests with Season Memberships, un-scanned “Any Day” lift passes, Intro-to-Ski packages, Afternoon lift passes, or Sightseer tickets are not eligible for a replacement day lift pass.
- In the event that insufficient lifts are available for the Snow Sports School to conduct meaningful lessons, or guests are unable to use their rental equipment from Buller Sports/Altitude rental stores, guests will be eligible for Snow Dough credit for those pre-purchased products. A list of all lessons conducted on a Declared Severe Weather Day will be kept by the Snow Sports School manager.
- The replacement day lift pass is valid for the remainder of the current or following season.
- Severe Weather Replacement Day application forms may be obtained at mtbuller.com.au/Winter/severe-weather-application on the Declared Replacement Day.
- Online applications for replacement day lift passes must be lodged within seven (7) days of the Declared Replacement Day. Replacement day lift passes will be issued in a first in, first out order of receiving completed applications.
- Severe weather conditions are conditions that, due to either the strength or direction of the wind, or presence of lightning in surrounding areas, or other weather events that make the operation of an aerial ropeway unsafe.
- Severe Weather Days are days that due to the presence or forecast for extreme weather conditions lift operations are likely to be severely impacted in terms of both the number of lifts operating and the lift operating hours that day.
- Declared Severe Weather Day is a determination made by 7.00am and published on the Mt Buller website and displayed at all points of sale that lift operations are likely to be adversely impacted.
- Declared Replacement Day is a determination made after 1.00pm or, on occasions, 5.00pm on a Declared Severe Weather Day, and published on the Mt Buller website that replacement day lift passes will be available to eligible guests.
- Known Guest is a guest who has updated their personal details into the Buller Ski Lifts' customer database, either online or at a POS.
- Ride is defined as a single trip on a chairlift, T-Bar or carpet lift.